Thursday, March 26, 2009

Re: Class Diagram

To Group Members:

I have received many questions regarding the collaboration diagram, and it seems that I am not delegating work effectively.

Firstly, I apologize, this week was especially difficult (since all of you are in most of my other classes, I am sure you can understand), but I plan to be more effective in the future.

For now, I want to remind all of you that the design deliverable are due for inspection tomorrow (which means they are not really due tomorrow, but it would be good if we all did our respective collaboration diagrams in DIA and discussed them in to class tomorrow and also possibly get quick feedback from Joel ).

About Vlad's question about reviewing the previous spec document, in order to better approach the collab diagrams, I have two responses. Firstly, we should refer more to Jay's email where he has already done one Login diagram in Dia, his is more correct and accurate to what Joel discussed in class. If we all maintain his style and formatting, it will keep consistency.
Secondly, Jay is bringing the spec document to class tomorrow, so you can review where you made mistakes and where you can improve. My last spec document was pretty much way off the mark, so I dont know how much you can learn from it. I got a 10/30
So again, focus on what Jay last sent.

Also, please avoid sending emails to our email addresses, use the blog, or the email: kanhar1.publish@blogger.com which directly forwards your email to the website. This keeps a log of what we do indexed by date, and also emails you a copy.

Lastly, I may not be able to make it to class tomorrow, due to work commitments, and if that happens I will mail Jay my code before class so he can print it out, and review its accuracy. If this happens, I will ask Mel to take charge of the Team, and delegate work accordingly for the weekend. Again, I will try my best to be there, so this shouldnt happen.

For tomorrow, I expect all of you (except Jay) to bring in his assigned DIA files for the collaboration diagrams, and if you are not going to come to class to mail to another member who can then bring it. Its important to do this to review for consistency.

I am attaching a VS 2008 project, wherein I solved the issue of running both Windows forms and XNA in one project ( I used threads to manage the Windows Controls). The File also has a sample XML Wrapper class that uses LINQ to read/write data in XML.

Take a look at it

Kanhar
PS: I directly included your emails because the blog doesnt allow attachments


No comments:

Post a Comment